Why Cyprus Citizenship?
There are number of very good reasons to invest in Cyprus citizenship. If you meet the specific requirements outlined on this page, you can enjoy:
- Cyprus / EU citizenship and passports for you and your family
- The right to live, work and study in all 28 EU countries
- Visa-free travel to 158 countries worldwide
- Comprehensive European citizenship services
- Dual citizenship
- Protection under the European social and legal system
- Cyprus is the ideal holiday destination for anyone
- It has a top-notch banking system
- It has investor-friendly tax laws
- It's an exciting business hub
Cyprus Citizenship Process
- Our Real Estate Experts will help you to find the right investment based on your needs.
- Experts will lead you through the Cyprus Citizenship application process from start to finish.
- Once submitted, we will make sure that your application is being processed properly and without delay.
- This process should take about 3 months.
- When you have your Cyprus citizenship, we offer full after-sales services for your legal, management and investment needs so you can make the most out of your investment in Cyprus.
What you should know before you invest:
Cyprus offers 3 attractive schemes for foreign investors seeking Cypriot citizenship:
- Citizenship by investment
- Citizenship by exception
- Accelerated permanent residence
For a general understanding of which scheme works best for you, read through our brief descriptions or contact us for free consultation.
CYPRUS CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
1. To become a full EU citizen with a Cypriot passport, you need to invest in a residential property in Cyprus worth at least €2.5 million. The investment can be a single property or a combined property portfolio.
2. You can sell your investment 3 years after purchasing it, but you must own a property in Cyprus worth at least €500,000 plus VAT.
3. You must have a clean criminal record.
4. Your parents are entitled to apply for Citizenship by Exception in Cyprus, as long as they have purchased a permanent residence in Cyprus worth at least €500,000 plus VAT.
CYPRUS CITIZENSHIP BY EXCEPTION
1. To apply for this program, you must be a non-Cypriot citizen and meet one of the criteria* below either personally or through a company or companies in which you are a shareholder or a high-ranking senior manager. You must also be able to prove that you have earned at least €100,000 in tax revenue over a 3-year period and that this tax has been paid.
2. You must make your investment within a 3-year period before you apply for citizenship and you must keep it for at least 3 years after you become a Cypriot citizen.
3. You must have a clean criminal record.
4. You must reside in the Republic of Cyprus (unless your investment options don't have this requirement).
A1 investment in government bonds of €5 million plus property purchase of €500,000.
A2 investment in financial assets of Cypriot companies or organizations of €5 million plus property purchase of €500,000.
A3 investment in real estate, land development and infrastructure projects of €5 million plus property purchase of €500,000.
A4 purchase or creation or participation in Cypriot businesses or companies of €5 million plus property purchase of €500,000.
A5 deposits in Cypriot banks of €5 million, held for at least 3 years, plus property purchase of €500,000
A6 combination of A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 for €5 million plus property purchase of €500,000.
A7 have lost at least €3 million of deposits with the popular bank public company ltd due to measures implemented after 15 of March 2013. If less has been lost, an investment in A1, A2, A3, A4 or A5 can be made to make up the difference of €5 million euros plus a property purchase of €500,000.
A8 major collective investment. Investment of €2.5 million or more if participating in a special collective investment scheme of €12.5 million or more. If this requirement is met, no additional property purchase is required if the investment is in one property of €2.5 million.
ACCELERATED PERMANENT RESIDENCE
1. To apply for this program, you must be a non-Cypriot citizen and meet all of the criteria* below.
2. After you submit your application for Permanent Residence in Cyprus, you should have your permit in 2 months.
3. Your spouse and financially dependent children who are students (25-years-old and younger) can also apply for permanent residency in Cyprus.
4. With permanent residency, you and your family can leave and enter Cyprus without a visa.
5. Investors can apply for a reduced 5% VAT rate for the purchase of their residence instead of the standard 20%.
To apply for accelerated permanent residence in Cyprus, applicants must prove that they have:
- deposited €30,000 in a Cypriot bank, pledged for 3 years.
- purchased or own a residence in Cyprus worth €300,000 or more (excluding VAT).