Why invest in citizenship?
There are number of very good reasons to invest in Cypriot citizenship. If you meet the specific requirements outlined below, you and your family can enjoy:
Cyprus / EU citizenship and passports
Protection under the European social and legal system
The right to live, work and study in all 28 EU countries
Visa-free travel to 150 countries throughout the world
Comprehensive citizenship services
After we help you find the investment that's right for you, we'll lead you through the application process from start to finish. Once submitted, we'll make sure your application is being processed properly and without delay. This process should take about 3 months. When you have your citizenship, we offer full after-sales services for your legal, management and investment needs so you can make the most out of your investment in Cyprus.
What you should know before you invest
Cyprus offers two attractive schemes for foreign investors seeking Cypriot citizenship: Naturalization of Non-Cypriot Investors by Exception and Accelerated Permanent Residence. For a general understanding of which scheme works best for you, read through our brief descriptions. For a free consultation covering the entire citizenship process from start to finish, give us a call.
To become a full EU citizen with a Cypriot passport, you need to meet at least one of the four investment criteria* and all of the terms and conditions listed below.
Investment in real estate, land development and infrastructure projects
You must invest at least €2 million in the purchase or construction of buildings or for the construction of other land development projects (residential or commercial developments, developments in the tourism sector) or other infrastructure projects. This includes investment in land under development, provided that an investment plan for the development of the purchased land forms part of your application. This excludes investment in land located in a building zone of zero development.
Purchase or Establishment or Participation in Cypriot Companies or Businesses
You have must buy into or participate in Cypriot companies or organizations, which have investment costs of at least €2 million, and their funds are channelled into financing local investment goals.
Investment in Alternative Investment Funds or financial assets of Cypriot companies or Cypriot organizations that are licensed by CySec
You must buy units of at least €2 million from Cypriot, CySec-licensed alternative investment funds (AIF) whose investments are made exclusively in Cyprus. This criterion also includes buying financial assets of Cypriot companies or organizations of at least €2 million, such as bonds, bills and securities. However, the purchase by an AIF of units of other AIFs is not considered eligible.
A combination of the above investments
You can submit a citizenship application using a combination of the above investments, provided that the total amounts to at least €2 million. You may purchase special Cyprus government bonds up to €500.000. Note that investments in government bonds through the secondary market are not eligible.
1. Prior to your naturalization as a Cypriot citizen, you must hold a residence permit in Cyprus.
2. You must reside in Cyprus, with a permanent privately-owned residence worth at least €500,000 plus VAT**.
3. You must make your investment within a 3-year period before you apply for citizenship and you must keep it for at least 3 years after you become a Cypriot citizen.
4. You must have a clean criminal record.
For further details of the relevant legislation governing the criteria as well as the terms & conditions of this scheme, click here.
*Please note, you can also apply as a high-ranking senior manager, provided that your salary generates tax revenues of at least €100,000 in Cyprus over a three-year period, and provided that this tax has already been paid or prepaid.
**If you invest in a housing unit or units on the basis of the Criterion 1, the purchase of another permanent residence in Cyprus is not required, if at least one of the housing units is worth at least €500,000, plus VAT, and provided that you retain the residence for life.
1. To apply for this program, you must be a non-Cypriot citizen and meet all of the terms and conditions outlined below.
2. After you submit your application for Permanent Residence in Cyprus, you should have your permit in 2 months.
3. Your spouse and financially dependent children who are students (25-years-old and younger) can also apply for permanent residency in Cyprus.
4. With permanent residency, you and your family can leave and enter Cyprus without a visa.
5. Investors can apply for a reduced 5% VAT rate for the purchase of their residence instead of the standard 19%.
To apply for accelerated permanent residence in Cyprus, applicants must prove that they have:
- deposited €30,000 in a Cypriot bank, pledged for 3 years
- purchased or own a residence in Cyprus worth €300,000 or more (excluding VAT)